Mouthwashes > Mouthwash
Savacol mouthwash is a very effective anti-bacterial mouthwash. It is best used for short term infections as prolonged use can cause superficial staining.
For information about the range of mouthwashes and which is best for you please read "What mouthwash should I use?"
Savacol Original and Freshmint both contain alcohol, Savacol alcohol free is now available.
250ml.... Now 300ml 0.2% chlorhexidine gluconate mouthrinse with 14% ethanol(alcohol).
One of the most effective antibacterial mouthrinses on the market today. Its active ingredient, chlorhexidine works by reducing bacterial numbers and plaque formation. It also reduces bad breath, gingivitis & promotes healing after surgery or ulceration. Chlorhexidine is the ingredient most commonly recommended after surgery. Unfortunately longterm use is not advised due to surface staining on teeth in some people, generally 1--2 weeks use is normaly advised.
- Following dental surgery to promote healing,
- Where pathology such as ulcerations exist to allow accelerated healing,
- As an adjunct in treating gingivits/periodontal disease.
- 10mls rinsed vigorously around mouth for 1 minute, then spit out excess.
- DO NOT SWALLOW EXCESS.
- For best results do not rinse/eat/drink for 30 min's.IMPORTANT--some studies show chlorhexidine can be inactivated in the presence of Fluoride, therefore this mouthrinse & others with chlohexidine should be taken one hour prior to or after using Fluoride products (including toothpastes).
- Do not swallow.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Not recommended to be used for children under 12
Chlorhexidine gluconate 2mg/ml Ethanol 115mg/ml
Products That Work Well With Savacol Freshmint Mouthwash