| || |
| February 16, 2012 |
Let's summarise, these are my all time greatest tips
- Studies have shown that 2 mins with your toothbrush is the optimum time to spend brushing. More doesn't achieve a much greater result. On average most people only remove 36% to 50% of the plaque on their teeth.
- Studies have shown that eating food does not remove plaque from your teeth.
- Most people will only brush their teeth for 46 seconds
- Round tips on the end of the nylon filaments are important so use a good tooth brush
- Rotation-oscillation electric toothbrushes do remove more plaque that manual tooth brushes
- Two minute timers on brushes are essential to allow you to know the time that you spend
- Most people apply less pressure with an electric toothbrush therefore it is better for people with delicate gums
- recession is mostly caused by bone structure and habit
- Watch where you brush and think about it don't brush the same place over and over again
- change your toothbrush every 4-6 weeks. Buy a bulk pack so you don't run out....
- 6 months is the best time between professional cleans to maintain your motivation and also limit damage done by plaque